Keeneland cataloged 4,147 horses for the 79th renewal of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale. The auction, which spans 12 sessions from September 12-24. To view the online catalog, click here. Printed catalogs should arrive in the mail around August 20th.
“The September sale is a milestone in the annual sales calendar, and at Keeneland we are delighted to once again provide a stable and thriving market for shippers and buyers alike,” said Shannon Arvin, President and CEO of Keeneland. “Last year’s September sale was dynamic from start to finish, resulting in record average and median prices and a record clearance rate. This year, we look forward to once again welcoming more international buyers who haven’t been here for a few years due to COVID travel restrictions.”
Similar to the September 2021 sale, Week 1 of this year’s auction will feature books 1 and 2 over the first four days, and over 1,100 horses.
“We have listened to our buyers, both American and foreign, and they have expressed a desire that we offer more horses that are the best physiques from the start, and so we have emphasized this aspect,” said the vice president of sales for Keeneland. said Tony Lacy. “Book 1 includes more highly ranked horses than in recent years, so buyers who are only in town for a short time will be able to see a greater percentage of very fine horses.”
- Book 1 – Monday-Tuesday Sept. 12-13. Showtimes start at 1 p.m. ET. A total of 362 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Book 2 – Wednesday-Thursday, Sept. 14-15. Sessions start at 11 a.m. In total, 751 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- gloomy day – Friday, September 16. No sale will be made
- Week 2
- Book 3 – Saturday-Sunday Sept. 17-18. Sessions start at 10 a.m. In total, 828 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Book 4 – Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 19-20. Sessions start at 10 a.m. In total, 822 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Book 5 – Wednesday-Thursday, Sept. 21-22. Sessions start at 10 a.m. In total, 807 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Book 6 – From Friday to Saturday 23-24 September. Sessions start at 10 a.m. A total of 577 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
The September sale catalog has a total of 2,102 colts, 2,044 fillies and one gelding, including 21 yearlings bred outside of North America. Yearlings in the catalog represent 199 established stallions, including American Pharoah, Bated Breath (GB), Candy Ride (Arg), Caravaggio, Constitution, Curlin, Distorted Humor, Flatter, Frankel (GB), Galileo (Ire), Ghostzapper, Gun Runner , Hard Spun, Into Mischief, Kingman (GB) Kitten’s Joy, Maclean’s Music, Medaglia d’Oro, More Than Ready, Munnings, No Nay Never, Not This Time, Nyquist, Quality Road, Speightstown, Street Sense, Tapit, Twirling Candy , Uncle Mo, Upstart, Violence, War Front and Wootton Bassett (GB).
Additionally, a number of young stallions are represented by their first generation yearlings in the catalog such as GISW Audible, MGSW Catalina Cruiser, MGISW Catholic Boy, MGISW Divisidero, MGSW Enticed, GISW Leofric, Mitole Champion, MGISW Omaha Beach, GISW Preservationist, Vino Rosso champion and MGISW World of Trouble.
The entire September sale will be streamed on www.Keeneland.com.